Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who suffered a heart arrest during the “Monday Night Football” game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Jan. 2, spent a week in an Ohio hospital before being discharged, according to the team.

Before returning home, Hamlin, 24, has been moved to a hospital in Buffalo, New York, to continue his recovery.

The University of Cincinnati Medical Center made the following statement on Monday, January 9: “We are delighted and proud to share that Damar Hamlin has been discharged from the hospital and returned to Buffalo,” the Buffalo Bills tweeted.

The statement said, “He is doing well and this is the next phase of his recovery.” The crew added the heart emojis in the colors red and blue to the tweet’s message, which said, “An great upgrade.”

After being freed, Mr. Hamlin went back to Buffalo. Dr. William Knight IV, an emergency medicine professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and the head of the Emergency Medicine MLP Program, accompanied Mr. Hamlin to the airport this morning along with members of our UC Health air care and mobile care crews.

Tweeted Hamlin, “I’m grateful for the excellent treatment I had at UCMC. We’re glad to be back in Buffalo. At Buffalo General, the doctors and staff have immediately made me feel at home.”

Hamlin tackled Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins during last week’s game before passing out on the field. After receiving CPR for a while, he was transferred to the hospital’s trauma center.

The team tweeted on January 6 that Hamlin’s breathing tube had been taken out the previous night and that, according to doctors, his recuperation was going “remarkably well.” He was able to communicate with his family and care staff, according to the Bills.

According to a statement from the Bills, Hamlin FaceTimed into a team meeting last week to speak with players and coaches, saying, “Love you boys.”

The Bills reported, “Per the doctors at UC Medical Center, Damar is making continued progress in his recuperation but remains in serious condition,” on Saturday, January 7. He keeps breathing on his own, and his neurological health is superb.

There is no known reason for Hamlin’s cardiac arrest.

The NFL had declared that the originally postponed game would not be played at all. In some postseason scenarios, the league acknowledged that postponing the game “creates possible competitive imbalances.”


Download The Radiant App To Start Watching!

Web: Watch Now

LGTV™: Download

ROKU™: Download

XBox™: Download

Samsung TV™: Download

Amazon Fire TV™: Download

Android TV™: Download